The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the government body in charge of regulating India’s food industries and ensuring that they follow government laws. Their job is to ensure that the food is safe and meets the necessary standards. It is their job to get rid of any food that isn’t up to par. This organization is in charge of registering and licensing FBOs in India (Food and Business Operators). It also outlines the rules and regulations that apply to doing business in India. An FSSAI Registration or License is required for every food business that engages in the production, packing, transit, delivery, or sale of food items. It’s a 14-digit identification or license number that’s placed on every company’s product packaging. The FSSAI registration or licensing is typically determined by the company’s size. We are a private consulting firm with extensive experience in obtaining an FSSAI food license. Our webpage will provide you with the fssai license application form.
There are three categories of FSSAI licenses available in India at the moment:
- BASIC FSSAI LICENSE
- FSSAI STATE LICENSE
- FSSAI CENTRAL LICENSE
FSSAI Basic Registration Licence
- FBOs having annual revenue of less than Rs 12 lakhs are required to complete the basic registration.
- This license, which is issued by the state government, is open to small suppliers, storage facilities, transporters, merchants, and dealers.
FSSAI Registration State License
- Any food firm with annual revenue of more than Rs 12 lakhs but less than Rs 20 crore requires an FSSAI State License.
- This license is issued by the state government.
- This license is for small businesses such as transportation firms, storage facilities, shipping firms, dealers, and advertisements, among others..
FSSAI Registration Central License
- Food company operators with annual revenue of more than Rs 20 crore must register with the Central FSSAI.
- This license is issued by the federal government.
- Food importers and exporters, large manufacturers, operators in Central Government Agencies, ports, and airports, and other companies all require FSSAI-issued central licenses.
Renewal of FSSAI license in India:
A fssai registration is required for every food operator, and you must be aware of the validity term of your fssai registration since you must renew it when the validity period ends.
If you’re unsure how to renew your FSSAI license or how long your FSSAI registration is valid, don’t worry; in this article, we’ll cover all you need to know about fssai license renewal.
What is an FSSAI, exactly?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the government body responsible for regulating and ensuring that India’s food industries adhere to government rules.
Any food business that makes, packages, transports, delivers or sells food must have an FSSAI Registration or License. It’s a 14-digit identification or license number found on the back of every product package a firm produces.
What is the Purpose of FSSAI Renewal?
The food license is valid for one to five years and must be renewed when it expires. You will be fined a fee or a hefty fine if your license is not renewed. Three months before the expiration of the FSSAI Registration or License, the FSSAI Renewal Process must be completed.
Types of FSSAI License Renewal
There are three different types of FSSAI license renewals:
Basic FSSAI Licence Renewal: Food Business Operators (FBO) having an annual turnover of less than Rs 12 lakhs are anticipated to benefit. Registration is how it’s referred to. Small food companies, such as small farmers, dealers, and others, are often at the forefront of this revitalization.
FSSAI State License Renewal: Food company operators having annual sales of more than Rs 12 lakhs but less than Rs 20 crore must renew their FSSAI state license. It is aimed particularly at medium-sized food enterprises, such as restaurants, movie theatres, and large manufacturers.
FSSAI Central License Renewal: Food businesses having annual revenue of more than Rs 20 crore are required to renew their FSSAI license at the national level. This renewal is typically suitable for big food enterprises, such as food processors and wholesalers.
The process to apply for FSSAI Renewal?
- For additional information, see our FSSAI Registration Renewal Page.
- Fill out the fssai license renewal form.
- After uploading the document, select the license type and validity term.
- Submit your application and make a payment for it online.
- You will receive a Renewed FSSAI Certificate at your registered email address in a few working days.